Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an superb choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be excellent for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rachaels split pea and ham soup recipe. You can have rachaels split pea and ham soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Rachaels Split pea and ham soup:
- Use of dry split peas.
- Get of ham bone with scraps.
- Use of celery (chopped).
- Provide of cubed sweet potato.
- Provide of carrots.
- Get of onion.
- Use of chopped garlic.
Steps to make Rachaels Split pea and ham soup:
- Pour the split peas in a pot with 2 quarts of water, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until they are softened. (the amount of water can change with the size of your bag of peas so you should cook according to what your directions suggest).
- In a separate pot bring the ham bone and scraps, celery tops and bottoms, onion chopped in half, garlic and carrot scraps to a boil in 2 1/2 quarts of water..
- After about an hour and a half strain the broth pot and add it to the split pea pot and mix in remaining ingredients. If you want extra ham you can add some now. Cook until thickened and the veggies are cooked through. (about another 45 minute).
If you find this Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.