Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Ham and Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and potato soup recipe. To make ham and potato soup you need 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Potato Soup:
- Provide 10-12 lbs of ham.
- Prepare 1 of whole onion, peeled.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 lbs of carrots sliced.
- Provide 8 stalks of celery sliced.
- Provide 5 lbs of red potatoes (1.5 in cubes, NOT peeled).
- Prepare 2 cups of 2% milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- Use 1 tbs of real horseradish.
- You need of Rough.
- You need 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
Instructions to make Ham and Potato Soup:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook ham for 1.5-2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes. Slice ham best you can leaving about 2 cups of meat on the bone..
- Place bone in a large stock pot, add in enough water until it covers the bone. Add 1 whole onion and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Take out ham bone and whole onion. Add in chopped onions, sliced carrots, and sliced celery. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add in potatoes, simmer for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. To help break up potatoes smash is the back of a large spoon or whisk..
- Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and real horseradish..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat. Add in flour and stir constantly until consistency of wet sand..
- Once the soup comes back to a low boil, whisk in rough. Mix occasionally for the next 10 minutes and enjoy!.
If you find this Ham and Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.