Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) recipe. To cook kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) you need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Provide of large white onion (diced).
- Take of large carrots (diced).
- Provide of large stalks of celery (diced).
- Provide of water.
- Prepare of lemons.
- Provide of olive oil.
- Use of chicken breast(s).
- Use of heavy cream (35% cooking cream).
- You need of heaping chicken soup base.
- Prepare of heaping flour.
- Prepare of large bay leaves intact.
- Provide of each basil, garlic powder, onion salt.
Steps to make Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Add chopped onion, carrots and celery with enough water to cover by an inch or two to crockpot (should be about 1/3rd of the size of your crockpot- adjust recipe accordingly to fit your crockpot).
- Turn crockpot on high and let cook for 3h or until boiling.
- While veggies are cooking: take the 2 lemons, slice top off of each and gently squeeze juice into small dish (~2 tbsp worth) leaving lemons intact.
- Slice lemons thick, pop seeds out using tip of a knife or a fork, place in ziplock bag in the fridge until later.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Put chicken, olive oil and lemon juice in large ziplock bag, shake, place in fridge (in a container to prevent leaking) until later.
- Once the veggies are boiling (3h), fry chicken over medium heat until white, add to crockpot.
- In a deep mixing bowl add the cream, chicken base, flour, using a hand blender mix until thick and frothy, add to crockpot.
- Continue cooking on high for one hour or until desired thickness.
- Reduce heat to low, add spices (basil, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaves), continue cooking for another 30 mins.
- Add lemon slices (they'll float on top) continue cooking on low for another 30-45mins, turn off crockpot, remove lemon slices using a slotted spoon (if you leave them longer they will begin to leave a bitter taste to the soup and the lemon taste will overpower the soup).
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper (no salt should be needed due to the chicken base), enjoy!.
If you find this Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.