Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
We are all aware that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better in our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt is often a snack many people take for granted. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, nonetheless. It is made up of a lot of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt mixes perfectly with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent method to enjoy a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. You can cook 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- You need 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- Take 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Take 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Take 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Provide of Seasoning packet from beans.
- Use 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Get 4 cups of filtered water.
- Use 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of ham hock.
- Provide 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- You need of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- Use 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of For rice 👇.
- Provide 3 cups of white instant rice.
- Get 3 cups of filtered water.
- Get 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Provide 4 tablespoons of butter.
Steps to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.