Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ukrainian borscht (beet soup) recipe. To make ukrainian borscht (beet soup) you need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Prepare 3 of medium beets peeled and grated.
- Use 6 Tbsp of olive oil divided.
- Prepare 4 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth + 6 cups water.
- Get 5 of medium potatoes peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- Take 2 of carrots peeled and grated.
- You need 2 of celery ribs trimmed and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Use 4 Tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 1 can of white navy beans.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 2-3 Tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper freshly ground.
- You need 1 of large garlic clove pressed.
- Get 2 Tbsp of dill.
Instructions to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Peel, grate and/or slice all vegetables, keeping sliced potatoes in cold water until ready to use..
- Heat a large soup pot (5 1/2 Qt or larger) over medium/high heat and add 4 Tbsp olive oil. Add grated beets and sauté 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beets are softened..
- Add 4 cups chicken broth and 6 cups water. Add sliced potatoes and grated carrots then cook for 10-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork..
- While potatoes are cooking, place a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and celery. Saute stirring occasionally until softened and lightly golden (7-8 minutes). Add 4 Tbsp Ketchup and stir fry 30 seconds then transfer to the soup pot to continue cooking with the potatoes..
- When potatoes and carrots reach desired softness, add 1 can of beans, 2 bay leaves, 2-3 Tbsp white vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 pressed garlic clove, and 3 Tbsp chopped dill. Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes and add more salt and vinegar to taste..
- Serve with vushka or garlic bread (optional) Enjoy!.
If you find this Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.