Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew recipe. You can cook beef stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef Stew:
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of stew meat, cut in bite sized pieces.
- Use 6 of medium size potatoes, cut in chunks.
- Provide 2 of large carrots, cut in chunks or baby carrots.
- Use 1 of medium onion, cut in chunks.
- Use 2 of celery stalks, cut in 1 inch pieces.
- Get 1 can of mushrooms.
- Get 2 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- Get 2-3 tablespoons of ketchup or tomato paste.
- You need of Salt, pepper, garlic and Worcestershire for seasoning.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2-3 tablespoons cold water.
Instructions to make Beef Stew:
- Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Brown in 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil..
- Add browned meat to crockpot..
- Add vegetables..
- Add broth and ketchup or tomato paste..
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours. You can also use pressure cooker or stovetop. If using stovetop, simmer on low until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently to prevent sticking/ scorching..
- Optional. If you like a thicker gravy, mix equal amounts cornstarch and cold water (2-3 tablespoons). Whisk together to make a slurry. Slowly add slurry to finished stew, a tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness..
If you find this Beef Stew recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.