Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to meatball & barley soup fc recipe. To make meatball & barley soup fc you only need 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Meatball & Barley Soup FC:
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 medium of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery, washed & diced.
- Use 1 cup of diced onion.
- Take 3 clove of garlic, finely diced.
- Use 6 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Use 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of barley.
- Take 1 lb of ground pork.
- Use 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of plus parmesan cheese for garnish(optional).
- Take 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Get 1 can of pinto beans or cannellini beans (15.5oz) drained & rinsed.
- You need 8 cup of rough chopped escarole ( a type of endive/lettuce).
Steps to make Meatball & Barley Soup FC:
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine to remind me what it looks like….
- in a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. add carrots, celery and onion. cook about 8 minutes. stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes. add broth,water and barley. bring to a boil..
- reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 25 minutes..
- meanwhile.. mix together ground pork, the parsley, 1/4 of the parmesan, 1/4tsp. of the salt and 1/4tsp. of the pepper..
- roll pork mix into 30 meatballs, about 1tbl. big each..
- drop meatballs into soup. stir in beans. return to a simmer and cook 5 minutes..
- stir in remaining parmesan,salt and pepper. stir in escarole..
- cook a few minutes more until meatballs are fully cooked..
- ladle into bowls and garnish with grated parmesan cheese if desired..
- Nutritional facts according to family circle magazine: serves 6: per serving: 450 calories; 17g. fat; 6g. sat. fat; 23g. protein; 51g. carbs; 13g. fiber; 772mg sodium; 46mg. cholesterol.
If you find this Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.