Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Blue Mushroom Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Blue Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Blue Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to blue mushroom soup recipe. You can cook blue mushroom soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Blue Mushroom Soup:
- Get 4 T. of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of med. Onion, minced.
- Use 4 of lg. Garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 1.5 lb. of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Get 1 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1/4 c. of Flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Get 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Thyme.
- You need 1/3 c. of Sherry.
- Prepare 6 c. of Chicken stock (or veg. stock).
- You need 1-1/3 c. of Heavy cream.
- Provide 1/4 c. of Blue cheese, crumbled.
Steps to make Blue Mushroom Soup:
- In large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter and stir in onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer..
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire, and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to coat the mushrooms. Cook 2 more minutes, stirring..
- Stir in the sherry. Cook, stirring frequently and scraping brown bits from bottom of pan, until liquid reduces about half (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the stock and cook 20 minutes..
- Remove most of the mushrooms, with some soup liquid, into a container to blend. (I used a 6 cup glass measuring cup.) Puree with an immersion blender until smooth, then stir the puree back into the soup..
- Add the cream, blue cheese, and nutmeg and stir until incorporated and cheese is melted..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
- * Makes about 10 appetizer-size servings; 5-6 meal-size servings.
If you find this Blue Mushroom Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.