Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely pick out a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pot of italian goodness (version of sunday gravy) recipe. You can cook pot of italian goodness (version of sunday gravy) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy):
- Provide 2 lb of Pork Country Ribs.
- You need 2 lb of Beef or Pork Neck on the Bone.
- Get 3 of Links of Italian Sausage (mild, sweet or hot).
- You need 12 small of to medium Meatballs.
- Prepare 4 can of 28 oz Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- Provide 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow hot/spicy onion.
- You need 8 clove of Garlic minced.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Steps to make Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy):
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stock pot. Brown all the meat ingredients. Do each one at a time. Start with sausage, then meatballs, pork ribs, and lastly the beef necks. After each ingredient is browned, take it out and set it aside. For the sausage, use 2-3 links cut into small bite-sized pieces. NOTE: The reality of getting exactly 2lbs of one ingredient or another, isn't possible. So, feel free to add a bit more of one thing or another depending on preference..
- As you're browning the beef necks, dice your onion. Once browned, throw the onion in and saut? for 5 mins..
- Mince garlic cloves and throw them in the pot. Saut? for another 5 mins..
- Add in tomato paste. Coat all ingredients. (Sometimes I use the paste with Italian seasoning. Your preference is fine.).
- Add whole tomatoes, juice and all. While you are putting the tomatoes in the pot, crush each one with your hand..
- Add bay leaves. And keep heat on medium low until the mixture hits a low, slow boil. Periodically stirring. By this time, you've probably been cooking 30 mins. Cook another 30 and then turn the heat down to a low simmer..
- After 1 full hour, add the browned pork ribs..
- After another hour add the sausage. Periodically stirring..
- After another hour, salt and pepper the sauce to taste. Then add the meatballs. Cook for one last hour..
- You can always eat this dish alone. But consider eating this Pot of Italian Goodness with garlic bread, a side salad, or a side of pasta..
If you find this Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.