Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything right away or that you should altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to purple potato sage & leek soup recipe. To cook purple potato sage & leek soup you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup:
- Use 2 lb of Purple Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of Large Leeks (sliced thin).
- Use 1/4 cup of Chopped Red Onion.
- Take 2 clove of Large Garlic (minced).
- Use 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Get 1 quart of Chicken (or Veg) stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Sage (chopped).
- You need 4 oz of Heavy Cream.
- Get 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Get 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Pepper.
Instructions to make Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup:
- Cold water rinse then salt/brine boil whole potatoes until fork can spear them (about 30-40 minutes).
- Chop garlic, onion, sage and leeks, then melt butter in a pan and sauté until softened (about 3-4 minutes) leeks should still be slightly firm. Then add 1 cup stock to pan and stir for about a minute until all the liquid is absorbed – turn heat off and let sit.
- When potatoes are ready, rinse with cold water to stop cooking, then place them into a food processor or blender. whip. they will turn into a creamy/sticky/gooey consistency. Use some stock and whip in and loosen the goo then pour into soup pot.
- Next put the sautéed veg into the processor and burst chop until minced (don't cremate or texture of soup will be off) – again use a bit of stock to loosen the buttery veg mix and mix in, then dump into pot and stir the whole mixture together while adding the remaining stock (less stock for a thicker consistency) and salt/pepper.
- Bring to a medium boil while stirring frequently. At boil, lower to simmer and slowly stir in cream (can add more or less to preference). simmer 20 minutes on low heat to thicken (longer for thicker) and turn off heat. Let pot sit covered for 10-20 minutes with an occasional stir before serving to finish..
- Refrigerate excess immediately in an air tight container – do not freeze. Will keep 4-6 days if refrigerated and well sealed (zero air). The cream will spoil rapidly if left to sit/exposed to air.
If you find this Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.