Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Treats.
We are all aware that consuming healthy meals can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. Eating natural yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the greatest things you can reach for. Along with calcium, it’s a good supply of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by most people. Try adding some nutritious nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. You can have squash, broccoli and cheddar soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic smashed.
- Provide 1 of small squash.
- Provide 3 tbsp of dried sage.
- Use 1/4 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Provide 4 cups of vegetable stock.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of medium heads of broccoli.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese *.
- Provide of salt & pepper *.
Instructions to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Quarter the squash and scoop out the seeds. Steam the quarters with the rind on for 30min or more, until soft. Some squash skin will be tough and should be removed once cooked, but others can be left on..
- Melt the butter with the oil in another pot and gently soften the onion and garlic. Add the squash, sage, nutmeg, cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and water and heat on low until it is boiling..
- If you prefer you can just boil the squash – just leave it cooking in the stock for 10 minutes..
- Cut the broccoli heads into small pieces and add to the pot with the bay leaves. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Remove the bay leaves and use a hand blender to puree the ingredients in the pot..
- Return the pot to the heat add the coconut milk and half of the cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully mixed and taste the soup. Add more Cayenne for heat, and more cheese if you think it needs it. Cheddar will be salty so don't overdo the seasoning before adding the cheese..
If you find this Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.