Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe. You can cook roast squash and sage soup – vegan using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roast squash and sage soup – vegan:
- Take of olive oil.
- Take of squash, peeled and cut into small chunks.
- You need of seasoning.
- Take of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need of celery, chopped.
- Use of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- Prepare of sage leaves.
- Use of veggie / vegan stock.
- Get of (2 small servings) cooked grain eg giant couscous or freekeh.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- Prepare of Pumpkin seeds – toasted if you like.
- You need of some grated vegan cheese or parmesan.
Instructions to make Roast squash and sage soup – vegan:
- Preheat oven to 200C..
- In a bowl mix the squash pieces with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season. Put the squash onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25 – 30 mins..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pot. Add the onions and celery and sauté for about 10 mins til they soften and start to become translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 mins..
- Chop 5 or 6 of the sage leaves and add those too..
- Add the roast squash and the stock. Season. Simmer for 5-10 mins. If you want, use a hand blender to make a smooth soup. I usually leave it with the vegetables chunky..
- Fry the remaining sage leaves in a splash of oil. Stir these through the cooked grain you’re using. Add a generous pinch of salt..
- Add the grain/ sage mix to the soup. Serve into bowls; sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and parmesan if using and enjoy 😋.
If you find this Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.