Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef and green bean rice (loobia polo) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef and green bean rice (loobia polo) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than completely modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef and green bean rice (loobia polo) recipe. You can cook beef and green bean rice (loobia polo) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef and green bean rice (loobia polo):
- Take 350 grams of lean minced beef.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- Use 1 of onion (half diced/puréed, half chopped into strips for frying).
- You need 4 tbsp of (heaped) tomato purée.
- You need 240 grams of green beans.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil (plus enough to cover the base of a pan for crispy rice).
- Get 1 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 270 grams of basmati rice (3 cups).
- Get 1/4 tsp of saffron dissolved in 40 ml warm water (optional).
- Take of Salt.
- Provide of Pepper.
Instructions to make Beef and green bean rice (loobia polo):
- Add beef and diced onion to a large pan, mix together well breaking up the beef with your spatula. Mix in salt, pepper, and turmeric. Don’t be shy with the seasoning! Put the pot on medium heat. The beef will release some of its own liquid as it’s cooking, when this liquid has evaporated cook for 2 more minutes. Finally add the tomato paste, stir and cook for 2 more minutes then remove from the heat..
- Gently steam green beans in a small pan with a lid for 10mins. Add a little olive oil and cook them for 2 more minutes to bring out the colour. Add beans to the beef mixture. (Optional: now fry the chopped onion in the pan used for the beans until golden, add these to the beef mix too.).
- Gently heat the beef/bean/onion mix over a medium heat. Add the cinnamon. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Once your happy with the flavour put to one side..
- Wash basmati rice thoroughly to remove the starch (rinse at least 5 times). Boil a large pan of water, lightly salted and add the rice. When half cooked (10 minutes) remove from heat, strain rice into a colander and rinse it with cold water to stop it cooking..
- Add enough olive oil to cover the base of the pot. Layer rice, saffron water (optional), and beef mix in the pan starting and ending with rice. Poke six holes to the bottom with the handle of a butter knife. Heat for 5-10 minutes on medium heat. When water appears on the lid stir the butter into the top layer of rice, wrap the lid in a tea towel and replace..
- Cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes. Your dinner is ready! Upturn the pot for dramatic effect..
If you find this Beef and green bean rice (loobia polo) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.