Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mississippi Style Pot Roast recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mississippi Style Pot Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mississippi Style Pot Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything immediately or that you should altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mississippi style pot roast recipe. You can cook mississippi style pot roast using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mississippi Style Pot Roast:
- Provide 2-3 lb of beef roast (I prefer sirloin tip).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide to taste of pepper.
- Use 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Take 1 package of dry au jus gravy mix.
- Provide 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix.
- Prepare 5-6 of peperoncini peppers.
- Use 1/8 cup of peperoncini brine.
- Provide of All purpose flour (for the gravy).
Steps to make Mississippi Style Pot Roast:
- Preheat the olive oil in a skillet, season the meat with pepper and then sear it on all sides..
- Add the seared roast to your slow cooker, fat side up..
- Sprinkle the au jus and ranch mixes and then place the stick of butter on top of the roast..
- Place the peperoncinis around the roast, in regular intervals..
- Pour the brine around the edges or even on top, if you like..
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours..
- Once it's done, remove it to a plate so it can rest..
- Pour the liquid into a sauce pan, add flour a teaspoon at a time, stir briskly with a whisk and simmer on low until it thickens into a rich gravy..
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Mississippi Style Pot Roast recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.