Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. To make tomato basil soup you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Tomato Basil Soup:
- Get of butter.
- Get of Olive oil.
- Provide of medium yellow onions, grated.
- You need of flour.
- Get of Cans of crushed tomatoes.
- Use of Chicken broth.
- Use of Sugar.
- Get of Kosher salt.
- You need of Celery salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Heavy cream.
- Get of Honey.
- Use of Fresh basil leaves, torn.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook gently until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes..
- Add flour and stir to combine until slightly pale gold, do not allow to brown..
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Rise heat to medium until it starts to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot frequently..
- Stir in torn basil, heavy cream and honey. Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or in batches in a standing blender until smooth. Top with drizzle of heavy cream and more fresh basil..
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.