Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Stewed Beef recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Stewed Beef recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stewed Beef recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stewed beef recipe. To make stewed beef you need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Stewed Beef:
- Provide 1-2 pounds of stewing beef.
- Provide 2 tbs of oil.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Use 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Use 1 of med green pepper.
- Use to taste of Salt, pepper & adobo.
- Take 4 cup of beef broth (I used 2 cup berf broth 2 c chicken broth).
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide of Optional (to make thicker).
- Use 4-6 of red skin potatoes, cut.
- Take 1/4 c of cold water.
- Take 3 tbs of corn starch.
Steps to make Stewed Beef:
- Turn burner on to medium heat, add olive oil. Add meat, lightly brown on each side..
- Cut/dice/mince, whichever you prefer the green pepper & onion. Once meat is browned add vegetables. Let cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally..
- Add potatoes of desired, garlic, salt, pepper & adobo. Let cook 2 minutes..
- Add broth & bayleaf. Sprinkle a little more adobo. Let come to a simmer. Cover and cook 1 1/2-2hrs, stirring occasionally & lower heat if comes to a heavy boil..
- Optional (to make thicker): Mix corn starch & cold water. Add to pot, stir. Let cook 15 more minutes..
- One on the left is no thickening agent, one on right is with thickening agent. Whichever you prefer. Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes..
If you find this Stewed Beef recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.