Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One wholesome alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup recipe. To cook hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- Get of dried split peas.
- Take of green lentils.
- Prepare of yellow lentils.
- Prepare of barley.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of onions.
- Use of garlic.
- Take of carrots.
- Use of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes..
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1/4 inch "pennies"..
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant..
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes..
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes..
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins – 1 hour..
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours..
If you find this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.