Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few small changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash soup base – vegetarian or not recipe. You can have squash soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- You need of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- Get of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- Get of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- Provide of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- Use of sliced ham (optional).
- Use of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- You need of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Prepare of dollops cream (optional).
- Provide of coconut cream (optional).
Instructions to make Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
If you find this Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.