Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One nutritious alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe. To make roast squash and sage soup – vegan you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roast squash and sage soup – vegan:
- Use of olive oil.
- You need of squash, peeled and cut into small chunks.
- Provide of seasoning.
- Use of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare of celery, chopped.
- Use of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need of ground ginger.
- You need of sage leaves.
- Get of veggie / vegan stock.
- Get of (2 small servings) cooked grain eg giant couscous or freekeh.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- Prepare of Pumpkin seeds – toasted if you like.
- Get of some grated vegan cheese or parmesan.
Instructions to make Roast squash and sage soup – vegan:
- Preheat oven to 200C..
- In a bowl mix the squash pieces with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season. Put the squash onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25 – 30 mins..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pot. Add the onions and celery and sauté for about 10 mins til they soften and start to become translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 mins..
- Chop 5 or 6 of the sage leaves and add those too..
- Add the roast squash and the stock. Season. Simmer for 5-10 mins. If you want, use a hand blender to make a smooth soup. I usually leave it with the vegetables chunky..
- Fry the remaining sage leaves in a splash of oil. Stir these through the cooked grain you’re using. Add a generous pinch of salt..
- Add the grain/ sage mix to the soup. Serve into bowls; sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and parmesan if using and enjoy 😋.
If you find this Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.