Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One wholesome substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) recipe. To make beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- You need 12 slices of hickory smoked bacon, chopped.
- Take 3 lbs of chuck beef cup into 1" cubes.
- Take 1 lb of carrots cubed.
- Get 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- Get 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Get 2 cups of red wine.
- Provide 3 cups of beef stock.
- Provide 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Get 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Use 3 tbsp of flour.
- Use 1 lb of pearl onions whole.
- Provide 1 lb of mushrooms sliced thickly.
- Provide 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of salt.
- Take of pepper.
- Use of parsley for garnish.
Instructions to make Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat 2 TB oil in large Dutch oven (or heavy, oven-safe pot with tight fitting lid.) Add bacon and cook over medium until evenly and lightly browned throughout. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a large plate. Remaining oil and grease should stay in the pot..
- Using paper towels, thoroughly dry uncooked beef and sprinkle the cubes evenly with a thin layer of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Reheat the oil/bacon grease in the Dutch oven and sear the beef cubes in a single layer, working in batches, until each cube is brown on all sides. Do not over crowd the pan, making sure to leave some space between each piece of beef. Add more oil as needed to finish browning. Set beef aside in plate with the bacon..
- If needed, add oil and heat oil. Add carrots, onions, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and saute for 5 minutes until onions are lightly browned..
- Add beef and bacon back into Dutch oven with their juices. Add the wine and enough beef broth to almost cover all the meat. Add tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Once liquid is reaches a simmer, cover the pot with tight fitting lid and place in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until meat is very tender when pierced with fork..
- Meanwhile, mix together butter with flour in small bowl and set aside. Saute mushrooms with butter in skillet just until mushrooms start to become soft..
- Remove stew from oven. Add the butter/flour mixture, frozen pearl onions, and mushrooms to the stew. Bring to a boil on stovetop and immediately reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any fat off the top. Remove bay leaves. Season with additional kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste..
If you find this Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.