Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Picadillo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Picadillo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more balanced feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular snack foods is low fat yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. You can not beat yogurt whenever it comes to a healthy snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is easy for the body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Try including some wholesome nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to picadillo recipe. To cook picadillo you need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Picadillo:
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Get 2 of medium sized yellow onions, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 oz of chorizo, diced.
- Use 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Get 4 of ripe tomatoes, chopped (or 28 oz can whole tomatoes).
- Get 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take of kosher salt.
- Provide of black pepper.
- Provide 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of raisins.
- You need 2/3 cup of pitted stuffed olives.
- Get pinch of ground cloves.
- Use pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice.
Instructions to make Picadillo:
- Put the olive oil in a large, heavy pan set over a medium heat flame and heat until shimmers..
- Add onions, chorizo, and garlic and cook until onions are soft (10 min)..
- Add the ground beef and cook. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, cinnamon, cumin, bay leaves, cloves and nutmeg. Lower heat and let simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes..
- While stew is cooking, cook rice per directions..
- Uncover the pan, and add the raisins and olives. Allow to stew for another 15 minutes..
- Serve over white rice..
If you find this Picadillo recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.