Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Treats.
We are very mindful that eating healthy foods can help us feel better in our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Try eating almonds if you do not have problems with nut allergies. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds offer you many health rewards. These nuts possess quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which may often make you sleepy. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont cause you to long for a nap. These nuts loosen up the muscles and offer a general sense of peace. Your emotional level can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato sausage & cheese chowder recipe. You can have potato sausage & cheese chowder using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- You need 4 of med-large potatoes (red or russet).
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Take 1 of celery stalk chopped.
- Provide 1 of garlic clove minced.
- Take 1 of jalapeno diced.
- Take 6 of strips bacon.
- You need 1 packages of cajun or kialbasa sausage.
- Use 1/2 lb of cubed ham pieces.
- You need 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Use 1 can of cream of chedder cheese soup.
- Use 1 can of kernel corn drained.
- Provide 1 of salt, white pepper, garlic powder & cajun seasoning to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Take 1 pints of half and half.
- Use 1 cup of pepper jack or mexican blend cheese.
- Provide 1 cup of velveeta cheese.
- Take 1 of regular milk if needed to thin out chowder.
Steps to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- In large pot, brown chopped bacon till crispy, then remove to paper towel to drain..
- In same pot, keep the bacon grease and start to lightly brown sausage that is cut into 1/2 inch pieces then cut in half. Along with cubed ham..
- Once meat has cooked for a minute or two add in chopped up onion, celery and garlic and jalapeno. Saute with meat till veggies are tender. Add in diced potatoes and saute for a few minutes, this helps incorporate more flavor into the potato to me..
- Add in chicken broth and dried seasonings & can drained corn. Stir to incorporate. (If using red I like to leave skin on)Medium diced..
- If needed add some water or more chicken broth to cover potatoes then bring potatoes to a boil then lower to low and once potatoes are fork tender..
- Lower heat to lowest setting and add in half & half, soup,cheeses and simmer for about 20 minutes. Top with cooked bacon, shredded cheese and green onion. Serve hot.
- **SUBSTITUTES**–If you do not like spicy, you can leave out one or more the jalapeno, Cajun seasoning, and for sausage & cheese you can use mild sausage, I like kielbasa and for cheese you can do Mexican blend or any cheese you like over the pepper jack..
If you find this Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.