Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything straightaway or that you need to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leftover ham and lentil soup recipe. To make leftover ham and lentil soup you need 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup:
- Take of Base.
- Take of Hunk of butter (or oil).
- You need of onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of carrots.
- Get of flour.
- Provide of wine.
- Provide of stock (chicken/pork/veggie all work).
- Prepare of Bouquet Garni (herb bundle).
- Get of Cheesecloth.
- Get of Butcher’s twine.
- Prepare of cinnamon stick.
- Take of bay leaves, broken.
- Get of allspice.
- You need of star anise.
- Provide of cloves.
- Get of black peppercorns.
- Prepare of fenugreek.
- Prepare of dried chili pepper.
- You need of thyme.
- Provide of The Soup.
- Prepare of dry lentils (green or yellow).
- You need of Tupperware of leftover roasted ham, diced.
- You need of cumin (optional).
- Take of garam masala (optional).
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- Get of Garnish.
- Get of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- Use of Sour cream.
- Get of Croutons.
Steps to make Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup:
- Cook your lentils. Wash dry lentils thoroughly (all sorts of weird stuff turns up in dry lentils, I found a piece of wood in mine). Add to a large pot of boiling water, boil for half an hour and drain, reserving water..
- Make your herb bundle. Double layer a square of cheesecloth. Lay all the things you don’t want to chew in the middle. Bundle it up, tying with butcher’s twine. Do not make my mistake and include veggie stalks – I thought it would be an easy way to impart more flavour, but forgot they would expand and stretch out the cheesecloth..
- Make your base. Melt some butter; sauté onions, carrots, etc. until soft. Add the herb bundle, push it around for a bit, then toss it in the soup pot. Add minced garlic, cooking briefly. Add flour and cook until nutty. Splash in the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to get the good bits while letting the alcohol evaporate. Slowly incorporate stock..
- Amass the soup! Add your delicious veggie mixture to a crock pot or large soup pot. Add the cooked lentils. Add the reserved lentil water until everything looks a bit too runny. Add cumin and garam masala, if using, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for as long as you’ve got (1-3h) on low heat..
- Get some texture. Dig out the herb bundle and 2 cups of soup. Purée the rest with a hand blender. Return veggies. Fry ham (with basting sauce, if you still have it) and add..
- Garnish and serve!.
If you find this Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.