Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between goodies. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe. To make knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! you only need 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish!:
- Provide 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of crisco shortening.
- Provide of About 1 1/2 cups of your choice of broth (warm).
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 of large onion.
- Use 2 packs of beef 'lil smokies, drained.
- You need of Several large potatoes.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish!:
- First we'll start with the dough for your dumplings! Put the 4 cups of flour into a large mixing bowl and salt to taste. Mix well and add the 3/4 cup of crisco. Cut in with a pastry knife until it resembles cornmeal. Add enough warm broth to make a stiff dough (usually about 1 1/2 cups) mix until just combined. Cover and put in the fridge for later..
- Melt the 2 tbsp butter in a pan or skillet big enough to hold your chopped onion and 2 packs of 'lil smokies. On medium-low heat, let the onion get tender and brown your weenies..
- Chop your potatoes into large chunks (Small chunks will make this a weird mashed potato dish) and bring them to a boil in a large pot. The water should more than cover the tops of the potatoes because you'll be adding the dumplings to the same boiling water..
- Once you can stab a fork through the potatoes with little effort, start pinching off pieces of dough with your fingers and adding them to the boiling water. (Be careful not to splash!) The dough cooks quickly so work fast and try to make them all the same size. Taste test a dumpling a minute or so after you've pinched all the dough in. You want them to be slightly fluffy- not doughy at all..
- Strain your potatoes and dumplings and add the weenies and onion to the pot. Mix together and salt and pepper to taste! (It might sound weird that the only seasonings I use are salt and pepper but I suggest trying it this way before spicing it up!).
If you find this Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.