Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. You can cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Prepare 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- Take 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Take 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- Get 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Get 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Provide 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- Take 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- You need 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- Get 1 of FOR SOUP.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Use 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Use 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Take 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Get 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Use 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Use 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Use 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Use 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- You need 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Steps to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.