Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker southwestern chicken soup recipe. You can cook slow cooker southwestern chicken soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Use 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat – more flavor. 🙂 ).
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- Take 1 of small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture).
- Use 1 of medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season).
- Prepare 1 of large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Take 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional – I don't always care for beans in this soup – but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans).
- Use 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels).
- Take 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of tomatoes.
- Provide 1/2-1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3-3.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1-1.5 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course).
- Use 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (optional, but recommended).
- Take of optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs..
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets..
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it..
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. 🙂 Enjoy!.
If you find this Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.