Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. If we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a wonderful alternative as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. Almonds have a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. These nuts have lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that causes drowsiness, is available in almonds. Regarding almonds, however, they wont cause you to yearn for a nap. These nuts unwind the muscles and provide a general sense of relaxation. Occasionally eating almonds can even be a mood increaser!
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. To make jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta you only need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Provide of dry split green peas.
- Provide of smoked bacon slices.
- Get of bacon fat.
- Take of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use of onions, small diced.
- Get of carrot, small diced.
- You need of celery, small diced.
- Provide of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Use of basil leaves cut in strips.
- You need of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Take of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Provide of feta cheese bruscheta.
- You need of baguette bread slices.
- Take of olive oil.
- Use of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Use of feta cheese, small diced.
- Provide of chopped oregano.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- Use of paprika powder.
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.