Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Meatballs and Roasted Veg Skewers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meatballs and Roasted Veg Skewers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to meatballs and roasted veg skewers recipe. You can cook meatballs and roasted veg skewers using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Meatballs and Roasted Veg Skewers:
- Prepare 250 g of lean beef mince meat.
- Take 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- Take 1 of courgette.
- Get 1 of aubergine.
- Prepare 6/8 of cherry tomatoes.
- Use 1 can of tomato sauce (passata).
- Use 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare To taste of Salt, pepper, and your favourite herbs.
- Take 6 of Skewers.
Instructions to make Meatballs and Roasted Veg Skewers:
- In a large bowl, mix the mince meat, pinch of salt and pepper, your favourite herbs (I used garlic powder, onion powder, dry rosemary and sage) and the egg – work it with your hand until smooth. If it's too wet, gradually add breadcrumbs until it is the right consistency to form meatballs. I got 18 little meatballs out of my mixture..
- Slice the courgette and the aubergine in 1 cm slices (I peeled my aubergine because my husband is fussy, but there is no need for that!), then halves the little cherry tomatoes. Grate the garlic and reserve for later..
- In a medium pan, first cook your meatballs (you shouldn't need any oil as they will release a bit of their own fat, and won't go dry, but make sure you turn them regularly). When ready, remove them from the pan and keep them warm. In the same pan, cook your slices of aubergine and courgette. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Meanwhile, prepare a basic tomato sauce using the garlic, the "passata" sauce, salt and pepper..
- When the veg are ready, remove them and keep warm, then add the half tomatoes, but only for 1 minute or so, just to soak up the juices and become a little tender. You are then ready to build your skewers: chop each 1cm veg slice in 4 cubes, and proceed to put each 1 element on the skewer, alternatively..
- Make a bed with your tomato sauce, and serve the skewers on top of it, and don't forget some fresh crunchy bread to clean the plates afterwards! ;).
If you find this Meatballs and Roasted Veg Skewers recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.