Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything instantly or that you have to altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed peppers – greek style recipe. To cook stuffed peppers – greek style you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style:
- Provide 8 of Bell Peppers, any color.
- Provide 1 lb of Ground Pork.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Take 1 cup of White rice, cooked.
- Get 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- Take 2 large of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- Provide 1 cup of Dry White wine or Chicken stock.
- You need 1 can of Tomato paste 8oz.
- You need 2 packages of Feta cheese 4oz..
- Take 2 tbsp of Parsley, fresh chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Greek Oregano, fresh chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Thyme, fresh chopped.
- Take 1 cup of Kalamata Olives, chopped.
- Provide 2 cup of Mozzarella, shredded.
- Provide 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Take of Salt & Pepper.
Steps to make Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style:
- Preheat oven to 350°F | Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil | Cut tops off the Bell peppers, clean and remove seeds | Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes than drain..
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat | Cook onions until translucent season with Salt & Pepper | Add garlic cook for another 2 mins | Place onions and garlic in a medium bowl off to the side to cool..
- Place pork/beef in skillet with the cinnamon stick | Season with Salt & Pepper and Cook until evenly brown | Drain grease then mix in wine and tomato paste | Turn down heat to Low and continue cooking for another 20 – 30 mins covered..
- Transfer pork/beef into a large bowl and mix in the onions/garlic and the remaining ingredients | Stuff peppers with the mixture add Mozzarella on top and arrange in a baking dish | Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake for 1 hour | Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned..
- Bon Appétit :).
If you find this Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.