Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Snacks.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Eating almonds is a fantastic choice as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds provide many health advantages. These kinds of nuts contain quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. But whenever you eat almonds, you do not feel like you need to sleep a while. Alternatively they will merely help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less stressed out. Your emotional state is often lifted by just eating almonds.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to low carb cottage pie recipe. You can have low carb cottage pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- Get of coconut oil.
- Take of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide of onion, finely chopped.
- Take of carrots, finely chopped.
- Get of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- You need of beef mince.
- Use of tomato paste.
- Provide of beef stock.
- Use of red wine.
- Take of Worcestershire sauce.
- Use of dried thyme.
- You need of bay leaves.
- Use of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- You need of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Prepare of plain yoghurt.
- You need of nutmeg.
- Prepare of coconut oil.
- Use of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
If you find this Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.