Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can have minestrone soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- Prepare of yellow onion, diced.
- Get of garlic, minced.
- Provide of large rib celery, sliced.
- Take of medium carrot, diced.
- Provide of dried basil.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- Take of dried oregano.
- Provide of diced tomatoes (2 cans).
- Use of tomato paste.
- Use of chicken broth.
- Take of bay leaf.
- You need of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- Use of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- Take of ditalini pasta.
- Provide of medium zucchini, sliced.
- You need of baby spinach.
- You need of Kosher salt and pepper.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Can be served immediately or kept covered in the fridge for a few days..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.