Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Power.
We are very mindful that having healthy meals can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily available. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to wholesome chicken soup recipe. To cook wholesome chicken soup you only need 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- You need 1.5 lbs of chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned.
- Get 5 of whole peeled cloves garlic.
- Use 1 of large onion, quartered.
- Provide 2 of carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Provide 2 of celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 4 of whole shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 5 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Provide dash of dried ginger powder.
- Provide 2 of carrots cut into centimeter cubes.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Provide 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- You need 1 tsp of Chinese rice wine.
- Provide 1 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide to taste of Pepper.
- Provide of Sour cream to serve.
Steps to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge)..
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins..
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan..
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan..
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem)..
- Here I also add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter..
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper..
- Serve with dollop of sour cream..
If you find this Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.