Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker carrot ginger soup recipe. You can have slow cooker carrot ginger soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup:
- You need 4-5 lbs of carrots, roughly chopped up.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Get 2-3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 2-3 tbsp of freshly ground ginger(or 2-3 tsp of ground ginger).
- Get 4-5 cups of low sodium chicken stock/broth.
- Take 1 cup of coconut milk(or heavy cream or half & half).
- Prepare of Ground black pepper for taste.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup:
- Chop up the onion, ginger, and garlic. Put into a small power, off to the side..
- Cut up the carrots, then place into the slow cooker. Stir in the onion, garlic, and ginger mixture..
- Pour the stock/broth into the slow cooker, stir together. Turn the temperature on to low, then cook for 7-8 hours. It took us about 7 hours..
- When done, pour half of the soup into a large bowl, add half of the coconut milk/cream/half & half into the soup, then blend it all together using a emulsion blender. When all blended, mix together back in the slow cooker..
If you find this Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.