Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Golden Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Power.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a wonderful alternative as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. Almonds are usually considered a super food because they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. These nuts contain lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. Nevertheless, you may not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds typically provide a general increased a feeling of well-being.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to golden split pea soup recipe. You can have golden split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Get 2 1/2 cups of split peas.
- Prepare of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- Take 1/2 lb of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- Use 4 of carrots sliced.
- You need 1/2 of white onion diced.
- Provide 3 of large ribs celery sliced.
- Get 1 of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- Prepare of Fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Use 2 cups of chicken broth.
Steps to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..
If you find this Golden Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.