Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Boeuf Bourguignon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Boeuf Bourguignon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to boeuf bourguignon recipe. You can have boeuf bourguignon using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Use 230 g of sirloin steak.
- Prepare 4 pieces of bacon.
- You need 3 of medium carrots.
- Provide 1 of large onion.
- Get 1 of small potato.
- Provide 100 g of mushrooms.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- Use 1 bottle of Red Burgundy wine.
- Take 1 teaspoon of tomato purée.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of plain flour.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need of thyme.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Use of Salt.
Steps to make Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Prepare the ingredients: cut the onions, carrots and mushrooms into thin pieces. Chop the garlic. Slice the bacon. Cut the steak into chunky pieces and season the beef with salt and pepper..
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a frying pan. Cook the bacon with a medium high heat to bring out its oil. Put the fried bacon aside..
- Fry the beef with the bacon oil until it's nicely browned. Put the beef aside..
- Cook the onion and carrots in the same frying pan for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened with the flavour of the meat..
- Turn down the heat, put back the bacon and beef, add two tea spoons of plain flour and stir well..
- Add 250 ml of beef stock, 400 ml of Red Burgundy, one teaspoon of tomato purée. Season with 3 bay leaves, thyme and salt. Bring it to a simmer then cook for 30 minutes with the lid on..
- Use another pan to heat up some butter. Fry the mushrooms with the chopped garlic until its buttery browned..
- Add the mushrooms back to the simmering stew. Taste the gravy and adjust seasoning. Add more wine or stock to thin it out if needed. Cook for another 10 minutes and watch the gravy become rich and thicken..
- Boil a chopped potato and serve with the boeuf bourguignon..
If you find this Boeuf Bourguignon recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.