Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup recipe. To make hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- You need of Dark-meat chicken 2lbs (I prefer bone on to later make bone broth).
- You need of Onion- 1/2 large, 1 whole small.
- Take of Carrots- 2 whole peeled, thin circle slices.
- Provide of Celery- 2 whole stalks diced.
- Provide of Garlic- 2-4 cloves (or however much you prefer), chopped.
- Use 3 cups of veggies of your choice (I used left over corn, peas, spinach, and mushrooms).
- Get of Wild Rice- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal-prep).
- Take of Black Beans- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal prep).
Instructions to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- In our house, all soups start with the same basic formula (onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bone broth- Love ya mom!). Gather these ingredients and find a heavy pot (we use a cast iron stock pot), but use what you have..
- Prepare your protein (chicken in this case) by searing it in butter or any oil you choose covered (in the soup pot if you want to save on dishes!). This step helps the protein to retain its natural moisture content and prevent that rubbery texture of say…of boiled chicken, yuck!.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc..
- Add a bit more butter/oil to the pot, set to medium heat and toss in the diced onion, carrot, celery till tender (5 mins or so), then add chopped garlic for a minute or two… stirring so it doesn't burn. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process..
- Add stock. Add leftovers. Add chicken. Add spices and whatever else you want to the pot..
- Simmer for a few… 10-20 minutes depending on what you had for leftovers. Taste test. Serve hot. (Maybe with an ice cube for the littles).
- Enjoy with fam..
If you find this Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.