Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curried red lentil and potato soup recipe. To cook curried red lentil and potato soup you only need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Curried red lentil and potato soup:
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Get 1 inch of fresh ginger, finely chopped or frozen.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp cinnamon.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 200 ml of tinned coconut milk.
- Take 500 ml of stock – I used some chicken stock that needed using from the freezer but you could use vegetable stock here instead.
- Get 1 of potato, peeled and chopped into chunks.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Use 1 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mango chutney.
- Get 1 of heaped tbsp dessicated coconut (unsweetened).
- You need Squeeze of lemon.
- Take 1 tbsp of natural yoghurt – I used thick greek yoghurt. (You could leave this out if you don't have any – it will just be a little less rich and creamy.).
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get of Chilli flakes.
Instructions to make Curried red lentil and potato soup:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until starting to soften..
- Add the spices and mix with the onion. Now add the potato and carrot and coat with the spices. Add a little stock (2-3 tbsps) to loosen the spices..
- Add the lentils and stir well. Add the coconut milk and 1/4 of the stock and stir well. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the tomato puree, dessicated coconut and mango chutney and stir well..
- Cook for 5 minutes with the lid on. Now add the rest of the stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook with the lid on for 25 minutes or until the veg and lentils are lovely and soft. Stir regularly so that the lentils don't stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup until smooth (you can serve the soup as it is before blending which will give you more of a thin dahl)..
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, yoghurt and seasoning and simmer for a few more minutes. Serve in warm bowls with some lovely fresh chunky bread – we had ours with porridge oat bread while it was still warm from the bread maker… Heaven!.
If you find this Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.