Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) recipe. To cook kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) you only need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Get 1 of large white onion (diced).
- Take 2 of large carrots (diced).
- Use 3 of large stalks of celery (diced).
- Take 4 cup of water.
- Take 2 of lemons.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 lb of chicken breast(s).
- Prepare 4 cup of heavy cream (35% cooking cream).
- Take 4 tbsp of heaping chicken soup base.
- Provide 4 tbsp of heaping flour.
- Get 4 of large bay leaves intact.
- You need 1 tbsp of each basil, garlic powder, onion salt.
Instructions to make Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Add chopped onion, carrots and celery with enough water to cover by an inch or two to crockpot (should be about 1/3rd of the size of your crockpot- adjust recipe accordingly to fit your crockpot).
- Turn crockpot on high and let cook for 3h or until boiling.
- While veggies are cooking: take the 2 lemons, slice top off of each and gently squeeze juice into small dish (~2 tbsp worth) leaving lemons intact.
- Slice lemons thick, pop seeds out using tip of a knife or a fork, place in ziplock bag in the fridge until later.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Put chicken, olive oil and lemon juice in large ziplock bag, shake, place in fridge (in a container to prevent leaking) until later.
- Once the veggies are boiling (3h), fry chicken over medium heat until white, add to crockpot.
- In a deep mixing bowl add the cream, chicken base, flour, using a hand blender mix until thick and frothy, add to crockpot.
- Continue cooking on high for one hour or until desired thickness.
- Reduce heat to low, add spices (basil, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaves), continue cooking for another 30 mins.
- Add lemon slices (they'll float on top) continue cooking on low for another 30-45mins, turn off crockpot, remove lemon slices using a slotted spoon (if you leave them longer they will begin to leave a bitter taste to the soup and the lemon taste will overpower the soup).
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper (no salt should be needed due to the chicken base), enjoy!.
If you find this Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.