Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Choosing whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To cook chicken tortilla soup you need 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Provide 1 medium of pre-roasted chicken.
- Get 6 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Take 8 of corn tortillas, halved and cut into strips.
- Take 1 large of yellow onion, chopped.
- Use 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Use 4 of chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped.
- Get 32 oz of chicken broth (low sodium).
- You need 12 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 12 oz of corn, frozen or fresh.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- Provide 1 can of black beans, washed and strained.
- Use 2 medium of fresh ripe tomatoes, diced.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Take 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Get 2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Use 1 of avocado, diced.
- Take 1 of lime wedges.
- Provide 6 oz of queso panela, crumbled.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Pull apart the pre-roasted chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside. I like to do this first because it gets a bit messy. Prep all the ingredients before you start cooking. Reserve a handful of chopped onion and hand full of chopped cilantro for garnishing the top of the soup..
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. I like to use coconut oil but you can use whatever you like. Add half the tortilla strips and cook, continuously stirring, until golden (about 1 minute). Remove the cooked strips with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Repeat with the remaining half of the tortilla strips..
- Using the same pot, reduce the heat to medium. Add the chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves, chopped chipotles, and spices to the oil. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender..
- Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, and chicken. Add the salt. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the cilantro, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Return to a simmer for 10 more minutes. Taste the soup, you may want to add more salt. Remember you can always add to the recipe, but oversalted food is just gross. Before you serve, remove the bay leaves..
- To serve, put tortilla strips in a bowl, and pour in the soup. Sprinkle crumbled queso panela, cilantro, diced avocado, and chopped onion on top, and serve with lime wedges..
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.