Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Try eating almonds if you don’t have problems with nut allergies. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds offer many health advantages. Various vitamins and minerals tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. They generally do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. Having said that, you may not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts loosen up the muscles and offer a general sense of comfort. From time to time eating almonds can also be a mood booster!
You do not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. To make country style bean soup with ribbles you only need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare of Soup.
- Take 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Take 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Provide 64 oz of Water.
- Get 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- Use 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Use 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 3 medium of Potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare of Ribbles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Use 3 tbsp of Water.
Steps to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
If you find this Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.