Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One wholesome option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. To make jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta you need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- You need of dry split green peas.
- Use of smoked bacon slices.
- Get of bacon fat.
- Provide of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take of onions, small diced.
- Prepare of carrot, small diced.
- You need of celery, small diced.
- Prepare of fresh thyme leaves.
- Get of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Take of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Provide of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- Get of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Get of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Take of feta cheese bruscheta.
- Take of baguette bread slices.
- You need of olive oil.
- Take of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Get of feta cheese, small diced.
- Prepare of chopped oregano.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- Take of paprika powder.
Instructions to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.