Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Treats.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. This can be a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Eating almonds is a wonderful choice as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. Almonds provide a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. These nuts possess lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. However, you won’t need a nap after eating almonds. Alternatively, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds frequently give a general increased feeling of well-being.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe. You can cook caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- You need 1 medium of fryer chicken(whole).
- You need 6 cup of water.
- Use 1 medium of chayote squash.
- Provide 4 large of carrots.
- Use 1 large of green plantain.
- Use 2 large of white potatoes.
- Take 1 large of yuka.
- You need 3 small of roma tomatoes.
- You need 2 medium of zucchini squash.
- Use 1 large of sweet vidalia onion.
- Get 2 of ears of fresh corn.
- Get 1 bunch of fresh cilantro or culantro.
- Take 1 dash of salt to taste.
- Provide 1 dash of pepper to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of chicken bouillon ( prefer knorr ).
Instructions to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prep chicken by cutting into quarters and applying salt/pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large soup/stock pot..
- Quarter the onion and add to the oil to sweat, once onion has become transparent add chicken to pot and brown on all sides..
- Once chicken is browned add enough water to cover the chicken by about a inch, add chicken bouillon and a pinch of salt. Stir well and bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover to cook. 30 minutes or untill EXTREMELY tender..
- While chicken is cooking prep the veggies for the soup..
- Peel yuka and slice in one inch rounds, set aside in large bowl..
- Clean corn and slice cob to 2 inch thick pieces, add to bowl with yuka..
- Peel chayote cut in half and remove pitt with a spoon, cut into medium / large chunks. Add to bowl..
- Clean potatoes well and cut into large chunks. ( quarter for small potatoes) add to bowl..
- Clean zucchini squash and slice into 1 inch rounds, place in bowl..
- Peel carrots and slice into 2 inch rounds. Place in bowl..
- Clean tomatoes, quarter tomatoes and place in bowl..
- Peel GREEN plantain slice into one inch rounds. NOTE: MUST BE GREEN HARD PLANTAINS NOT YELLOW..
- Chop cilantro including stems reserve half for garnish..
- Add all veggies and cilantro except for the zuchinni squash to the pot..
- Add enough water just to cover the veggies. Add more salt/ bouillon to taste. Cover tightly and cook on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes untill potatoes and carrots are tender..
- Add zuchinni for the last 10 minutes..
- Serve this amazing stew with fresh chopped onion,cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish..
- Go one step further and serve with fresh corn tortillas!.
- Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do!.
If you find this Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.