Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Snacks.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. If we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Choosing whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to wholesome chicken soup recipe. To make wholesome chicken soup you only need 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned.
- Take 5 of whole peeled cloves garlic.
- Use 1 of large onion, quartered.
- Use 2 of carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Get 2 of celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Provide 4 of whole shiitake mushrooms.
- Use 5 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Use dash of dried ginger powder.
- Get 2 of carrots cut into centimeter cubes.
- Get 2 of celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Use 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chinese rice wine.
- Get 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Get of Sour cream to serve.
Instructions to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge)..
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins..
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan..
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan..
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem)..
- Here I also add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter..
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper..
- Serve with dollop of sour cream..
If you find this Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.