Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy bean and tofu chili con carne recipe. To make healthy bean and tofu chili con carne you only need 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne:
- You need 300 grams of Boiled beans of your choice (soy beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, green peas, etc.).
- Prepare 200 grams of Firm tofu.
- Use 1 of to 2 tablespoons Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Provide 1 medium of Onion.
- Provide 4 of Green bell pepper.
- Take 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 100 ml of ※ Water.
- Use 1 can of ※ Canned crushed tomatoes.
- Provide 2 of leaves ※ Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ※ Oregano (dried).
- You need 2 tsp of ※ Soup stock granules.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ※ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of ※ Soy sauce.
- Take 1 of Krazy Salt (seasoned salt mix).
- Provide 1 of Black pepper.
Steps to make Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne:
- Break the tofu roughly into pieces, wrap in a paper towel, and heat in the microwave for 5 minutes at 600w..
- Finely mince the garlic then mince the onion and green pepper..
- Put the tofu in a Teflon-coated pan and stir fry while breaking it up into crumbles. Fry until the liquid is gone and remove from heat..
- Using the same pan, fry the garlic in olive oil, and when it becomes fragrant, add onions and fry over low heat until soft..
- Add green peppers, Step 3, chili powder, and cumin and briskly stir-fry together in a pan..
- Add the ※ ingredients and heat over high heat until it boils, then reduce the heat to low. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning..
- Add beans and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. When the liquid disappears, add Krazy Salt and black pepper to taste..
- It's done when it looks like this. If the beans appear to be too hard, add more water and simmer..
- Although I don't make chili con carne much, green peas are tasty! Sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese for a delicious finish!.
- It also tastes good chilled. I like to eat it with brown rice. For breakfast, I spread the rest on bread for a tasty sandwich..
- Since you can also freeze this, prepare a large amount to have some for leftovers. To make a perfect snack, use it as a dip for tortilla chips!.
If you find this Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.