Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Beef Roast recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically assume that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef roast recipe. You can cook beef roast using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef Roast:
- You need 1 of Big Red onion finely sliced.
- Get 1 1/2 lb of Beef chuck roast cut into bite size pieces.
- Use 4-5 of garlic cloves minced.
- Use 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Take 10-12 of Shallots skinned and cut into halves.
- You need 3-4 of slit green chilly.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilly/Paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of fresh ground Garam Masala(Indian spice mix).
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of Salt(as per taste).
- You need 1 of stem Curry leaves.
- Provide of Chopped Cilantro for garnish.
- Use 2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of Coconut oil.
Steps to make Beef Roast:
- Wash and clean the beef pieces thoroughly..
- Pressure cook the beef in IP along with 1 tsp each chilly powder,salt,turmeric and black pepper and 1 cup water in Instant Pot for 20 mins and allow natural steam release.(Chuck beef is tender and will cook in less time compared to flank, and other cuts of beef).
- Turn the steam handle of the IP lid to venting and transfer the beef to a different container(reserve the stock for later use).
- Set the IP on sauté mode(continue using the same innerpot)and add some coconut oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds splutter..
- Now add in minced ginger and garlic and stir for few minutes until the raw smell leaves..
- Now add the red onion slices along with turmeric and salt and sauté until onions are soft..
- Add in the shallots and green chilly and stir for few mintutes to get them lightly transparent.
- Now add all the spice powders- red chilly,black pepper,coriander powder,cumin powder and 1 tsp garam masala(reserve some for the end).
- Stir the spices well into the sauted onions and a 1/2 cup of the reserved beef stock..
- Cover IP with a glass lid and cook for 2 minutes so that the masala is well cooked and oil starts separating..
- Now add in the cooked beef pieces..
- Combine the beef and masala well on the sauté mode(less-medium)..
- Check the salt,if needed add more oil and cook for 10 mintutes covered with lid and another 10 mnts uncovered. Stir in between..
- Once the beef is dry and oil separates, mix some garam masala powder, add remaining curry leaves..
- Set the IP on keep warm setting/ serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro..
- Tip#2.Once the beef is getting dry, you can transfer it into a large nonstick pan and allow slow browning to have more control👍😊.
- Tip#1.The drier you want your beef mixture, the longer you have to leave the dish on sauté mode but keep stiring in between(you dont want the masala to burn or stick to the bottom of the pot!).
If you find this Beef Roast recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.