Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to black bean (w/ ham) soup recipe. To make black bean (w/ ham) soup you only need 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- Provide 1 lb. of dried black beans.
- Get 3 tbs. of olive or vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 3 tbs. of tomato paste.
- Use 1 of smoked ham hock.
- Get 7 cups of vegetable stock.
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of thyme.
- Provide Dash of paprika.
- Take 3 cups of cooked ham, cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry sherry.
- Take Dash of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- Soak the black beans and prep according to the package direction. [For a quick soak, use the boiling water method.].
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin heating the oil and sauté the onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat them for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato paste and mix all the ingredients well..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and then add the drained beans, ham hock and the bay leaf..
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cumin, coriander, thyme, and paprika. Partially cover the pot and cook for about 2 hours until the beans are tender..
- Remove the ham bone and shred off any meat. Set aside. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes..
- Depending on desired consistency (smooth or chunky), you can puree the soup by using a handheld immersion blender or in batches with a blender..
- Add the cooked ham and shredded meat to the soup in the pot. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and add the sherry. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered to heat through..
- Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream or yogurt, green onions, chopped hard-boiled egg, etc. Serve with some crusty bread..
If you find this Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.