Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
These sorts of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken recipe. You can cook economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Get 1 large of breast Chicken breast.
- Use of Marinade:.
- You need 1 of see step 3 Sugar, sake, soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
- Provide 3 tbsp of ▲ Katakuriko.
- You need 3 of cm Carrot.
- Take 2 small of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- Provide 1/2 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cooked bamboo shoot in water.
- Take of Flavor:.
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of tablepoons each ★ Ketchup, soy sauce, vnegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ★ Chinese soup stock.
- Get 100 ml of ★Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 2 tablespoons Katakuriko + Water.
- Use 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Remove the skin and open up the thicker parts to make it all the same thickness. Cover with plastic wrap use the handle of a knife or a rolling pin to pound the meat. Remove the plastic wrap and pierce with a fork..
- Cut into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the chicken into a plastic bag and add 1/4 teaspoon (about 2 pinches) of sugar, 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and sake, and 1 teaspoon of oil. Rub the seasoning into the meat for about 1 minute. Marinate for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables. Cut the onion in half horizontally and cut into 6-8 slices. Thinly slice the thicker part of the carrot into pieces of the same size as the onion..
- Cut the shiitake, green pepper, and bamboo shoot to the same size of the onion..
- Combine the ★ ingredients..
- Prepare the katakuriko slurry..
- Add the ▲ ingredients to the plastic bag from Step 2 and gently coat each piece of chicken evenly..
- Fry the chicken in a good amount of oil until browned and crisp, then transfer to a dish. (If there are some burned areas left in the frying pan, wipe or wash it clean)..
- Add a little bit of oil to the frying pan from Step 9 and quickly saute the green peppers. When the peppers are coated well with oil, transfer to the same plate as the chicken. It's okay if they aren't completely cooked..
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and saute the onion and carrots. Add the shiitake and bamboo shoot and continue sautéing..
- Once the oil has coated the vegetables, add the ★ mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes..
- Swirl in the katakuriko slurry and stir. Once it has thickened, add the chicken and green peppers. Let simmer and then season with salt and pepper. Done..
- (If you have some time available, deep fry the vegetables. In that case, skip Step 10.).
- It's easier to make if you prepare the dish until Step 6 the night before, cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator..
If you find this Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.