Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything right away or that you should altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than wholly changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy tomato basil soup recipe. To make spicy tomato basil soup you need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Prepare of unsalted butter (1 stick).
- Use of chili infused oil (I used cayenne infused).
- Prepare of large carrots, diced.
- Provide of medium yellow onions, diced.
- Prepare of large (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes.
- Prepare of bay leaf (dried).
- You need of rind (about 6 square inches) from a cheese such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano.
- Get of homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock.
- Use of heavy cream.
- You need of salt.
- Provide of freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide of ground cayenne.
- Take of chopped basil.
Instructions to make Spicy Tomato Basil Soup:
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat until foaming, then add carrots and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter starts to brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Add 2-3 teaspoons of the chili infused oil and saute for about 2-3 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, followed by chicken stock. Once it reaches a simmer add the cheese rind and bay leaf. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until quite thick, about 1 1/2 hours; adjust heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove the bay leaf and cheese rind (if it hasn't melted)..
- Purée soup with an immersion blender until smooth, or cool until no longer steaming before puréeing in a countertop blender..
- Stir in cream, then season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Rewarm to serve. Stir in 1 cup of the basil just before serving..
- Serve with a garnish of basil and a drizzle of chili infused oil..
If you find this Spicy Tomato Basil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.