Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup recipe. To cook homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup you need 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- You need of Butter.
- Take of flour.
- Take of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- Provide of cooked chicken, minced.
- Use of chicken broth.
- Use of chopped mushrooms.
- Use of dried Thyme (optional).
Steps to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.
If you find this Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.