Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making some small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more important than entirely changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup recipe. To make mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup:
- Provide 2 of chicken breasts skin on.
- Take of Good quality chicken stock 450 ml (I ve done mine from scratch).
- Provide 230 g of Red kidney beans (or any other beans).
- Take 1 of red pepper finally diced 150 g.
- Get 1 of red onion finally diced.
- Take 1 of lime.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander.
- Use 50 g of cottage cheese (optional) I used instead of sour cream.
- Prepare 180 ml of passata.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Use 1 of finally diced red chilli.
Steps to make Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup:
- Get all the ingredients ready. Wash and prep veg..
- Make refried beans. Can be bought in ready. Start with sweating onions and garlic.
- Cook it on medium heat for 2 min. Add 1 tsp cumin. Cook it for 30 sec. Add beans 1/2 finally diced chilli and chopped coriander. Cook it for 3 min ans add 50 ml of chicken stock. Add 1/2 lime juice. Cook it for another 2 min and mash it up. Set aside.
- To make broth start sweating onions and red pepper, 1/2 of finally diced chilli with little bit of cooking oil. Cook on medium for 3 min. Add 1 tbsp cumin. Cook for 30 sec and cover with stock. Cook it for 5 min and then add passata. Finish with lime juice and roughly chopped coriander. Check seasoning.
- To cook chicken breast preheat the oven to 180 °C or cook it under the grill in the oven on the bottom shelf checking every few min. Heat up the frying pan..
- Dry the chicken fillet with kitchen roll. Place the chicken fillet on the pan skin down. Season the other side of the breast. Sear it for 1 min until golden brown then turn over. Sear it for another min. Then place it into the oven. It should take about 15 – 18 min. Take it out and rest it for few minutes..
- Heat up beans and broth. Slice up the chicken breast. Skin should be crispy. Place the beans in the middle of the bowl. Pour broth over and then set the chicken breast over. I finished mine with crumbled curd cheese and coriander. Enjoy.
If you find this Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.